Boston Micromachines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Boston Micromachines complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Marketing and Technical Sales Associate
We support researchers in the grant application process.
Download our Whitepapers for more
information on products and applications.
We are here to help with your questions on products, documentation downloads and getting you the latest software drivers.
We are currently seeking a creative, self-motivated marketing/sales candidate to help coordinate and execute the company's technical sales, marketing, and communications programs. Boston Micromachines is a leading provider of advanced optical devices for use in biotech, medical, astronomical, and laser applications. Customers include research laboratories, governmental agencies, and the leading optical manufacturers. The Marketing and Technical Sales Associate will work directly with the Vice President of Marketing and Sales in implementing customer point-of-contact enhancement, direct sales and technical support to prospective customers as well as marketing communications. This is a full-time position. This position is a perfect fit for ambitious candidates who either want to begin a career in a challenging, rewarding, technical environment focused on sales and marketing or continue their current marketing and/or sales career in a technology-rich environment.
• Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of marketing materials to support the company's sales and marketing efforts
• Participate in and coordinate industry events, trade shows, and conferences, including special events planning
• Participate in the development of marketing programs and campaigns
• Maintain website and keep social media content updated, newsworthy and accurate
• Manage SEO, Google AdWords and evaluate website analytics
• Evaluate advertising opportunities as necessary
• Prepare press releases and event announcements
• Research the commercial and custom scientific instrumentation market
Technical Sales Responsibilities
• Serve as customer point-of-contact and first-level technical support
• Maintain email contact with potential customers in various scientific fields
• Create, coordinate, and distribute personalized and mass communications as necessary
The ideal Candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field -OR- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering with a strong interest in Marketing and Sales
• 1-3 years B2B marketing communications experience
• The ability to understand complex technical applications and match to product capabilities
• A strength of paying attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, high level of energy, and a dedicated work ethic
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and think creatively and independently under pressure
• Strong command of Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
• An understanding of capabilities of graphic design software (work may be carried out by third-party graphic designer)
• Experience in event or conference planning and organization a plus
Currently Available Positions:
Boston Micromachines Corporation, located in the nation's seat of cutting-edge technology and higher education, Cambridge MA, is always seeking talented individuals who shine within their field.
Do you have what it takes to develop breakthrough optical technology? If you want to be on the forefront of these modern designs to improve imaging in astronomy, microscopy, defense, and healthcare, please view our job listings below to see where you can fit into our dynamic team of highly motivated researchers dedicated to advancing photonics applications.
T: 617-868-4178 E: email@example.com
Visit us at: